Rawtenstall – Flexible Working
Permanent role Monday – Friday
£30,000 + Commission
Don’t Panic is one of the world’s leading B2B and Industry Awards organisers who proudly own and deliver 35 awards annually around the globe. As an agency we celebrate and reward success not just in house but across the length and breadth of the digital and tech industry.
Possibly a cliché but at Don’t Panic we work hard and play hard with a focus on cultivating an agency culture which rewards ambition and innovative thinking. We are proud to have signed the Breathe HR Culture Pledge as a commitment to all our employees that we will continue to put our people first and build on creating a positive company culture.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Sponsorship Manager to join our sales and marketing department, to help drive sponsorship growth across our fantastic programme of Don’t Panic owned events – locally, nationally and globally.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING?
As a Don’t Panic Sponsorship Manager, you should have excellent communication skills, and the ability to prospect, develop and manage sponsor relationships across our portfolio of events. You will also be confident in identifying cross selling opportunities in turn demonstrating further value to our sponsors.
You will be self-motivated and able to carve your time and week to maximise opportunities whilst continually adding new prospects into your pipeline.
You will also be confident at supporting sponsors through their customer journey from prospecting to sending a proposal to then following up post event for a debrief and confirming their involvement in the next event.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· Someone to develop and sell sponsorship packages across a range of B2B events
· Someone who’s agile and able to identify, contact and win new business
· You’ll have a natural aptitude and passion for sales
· Someone with the ability to identify, manage and build sponsor relationships across our portfolio of events
· You’ll maximise all channels to build your own pipeline of potential clients
· Someone who can manage sponsor liaison to ensure sponsorship packages are sold, delivered, and managed effectively
· Someone who can liaise with the events team to maximise income generation and provide sales support as required
· You’ll be confident delivering new business pitches
· Someone who knows that relationships don’t just work via email – you’ll be happy to pick up the phone or board a train to get the deal done
· Someone who understands that the 9 to 5 doesn’t really apply – you’ll always want to build your knowledge and wont view work as clock-in, clock-out
· Someone who’s ambitious and willing to be creative with the role – there’s a huge opportunity for growth within the company for the right person
· Someone who can deliver high levels of customer service, in keeping with the Don’t Panic brand – you’ll believe in our values
· Someone who’s determined, optimistic and able to work in a fast-paced and lively office
· Someone who views work as a career, not a job – you’ll have ambition
· Someone who can get to & from our office in Rawtenstall, as this will be a hybrid role
WHAT DO WE NEED?
· A positive attitude and high levels of personal motivation
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
· Proven negotiating skills
· Proven sales skills
· The ability to generate new and interesting ideas
· The ability to multi-task across numerous complex projects with varied deadlines
· Effective time management skills
· The ability to present and pitch new business
· Willing to travel and flexibility around working hours
· High level of written and verbal communication skills
· Event expertise
· Understanding of the digital sector
· Experience in CRM systems, HubSpot would be desirable
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We’ll pay you a competitive salary and you’ll have a transparent and open-ended commission structure that rewards you when business targets are met.
But most importantly, you’ll be joining us at a point where we’re starting a huge growth programme.
· Pension scheme
· Paid gym membership
· Birthday off
· Working from home Tuesdays & Fridays
· Regular social events
· Opportunity to travel within the UK or overseas when attending events
· Regular company briefings over pizza and drinks
· Free parking
· 22 days holiday, plus Christmas and bank holidays off
· Casual dress
· Mental Health Awareness Day’