We are looking for a highly experienced WordPress developer.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Senior Web Developer is responsible for the management and effective delivery of web projects, maintenance of sites and development of the Don’t Panic Awards Platform.
Your experience should include building custom solutions, understanding and incorporating security practices, and performance implications. You should also have knowledge of modern web technologies and best practices, including semantic HTML and modern CSS.
You should be familiar with the tools required for development projects. This includes a good understanding of Git, conflict resolution, local development environments, PHP configuration, following coding standards and general computer maintenance and security.
Candidates should provide code samples with their application preferably a link to their GitHub page, or examples of their previous work.
Requirements of the role and Experience
- Degree or equivalent relevant qualification in development/software
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong experience with WordPress Plugin development
- Strong experience responsive WordPress Theme development
- Familiar with PSR-4 and SOLID coding standards
- Git – command line or Source tree
- Experience with npm and tools like gulp, and grunt
- Pre processors sass/less
- Basic Linux command line
- Experience of integrating third party APIs
- E-commerce / payment gateway API integration – Stripe/PayPal/ Sage
- Domain management
- Server management
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask across numerous projects
- Ability to work independently and remotely at times
- The ability to work effectively with the wider Don’t Panic team
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that resulting in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communications with all parties
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of SEO
- React experience
- Laravel experience
- Understanding of
- Experience of/interest in the events industry
- Experience of working in an agency environment
- Experience in CRM systems, HubSpot would be ideal
- Experience with Google Analytics / Tag Manager
Please note our offices are based in Ramsbottom, Bury, which is not easily accessed by public transport so unless you live locally you may need access to a car. We currently offer remote, flexible working, but would require face to face meetings when we have returned to office.
HOURS OF WORK
Standard office hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm with a 30-minute lunch break, Monday to Friday. Office hours may vary in accordance with job requirements and with the approval of the Company Directors.
22 days + at least 3 days at Christmas + birthday off.
Regular social events.
c£35k depending on experience