Senior Web Developer Job Description
Permanent role Monday – Friday
£43,000 per annum
Don’t Panic is one of the world’s leading B2B and Industry Awards organisers who proudly own and deliver 35 awards annually around the globe. As an agency we celebrate and reward success not just in house but across the length and breadth of the digital and tech industry.
Possibly a cliché but at Don’t Panic we work hard and play hard with a focus on cultivating an agency culture which rewards ambition and innovative thinking. We are proud to have signed the Breathe HR Culture Pledge as a commitment to all our employees that we will continue to put our people first and build on creating a positive company culture.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Executive to join our sales department, to help drive sales growth across our fantastic programme of Don’t Panic owned events – locally, nationally and globally.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior Web Developer is responsible for the management and effective delivery of web projects, maintenance of sites and development of the Don’t Panic Awards Platform.
Your experience should include building custom solutions, understanding and incorporating security practices, and performance implications. You should also have knowledge of modern web technologies and best practices, including semantic HTML and modern CSS.
You should be familiar with the tools required for development projects. This includes a good understanding of Git, conflict resolution, local development environments, PHP configuration, following coding standards and general computer maintenance and security.
Candidates should provide code samples with their application preferably a link to their GitHub page, or examples of their previous work.
Requirements of the role and Experience
- Degree or equivalent relevant qualification in development/software
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong experience with WordPress Plugin development
- Strong experience responsive WordPress Theme development
- Familiar with PSR-4 and SOLID coding standards
- Git – command line or Source tree
- Experience with npm and tools like gulp, and grunt
- Pre processors sass/less
- Basic Linux command line
- Experience of integrating third party APIs
- E-commerce / payment gateway API integration – Stripe/PayPal/ Sage
- Domain management
- Server management
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask across numerous projects
- Ability to work independently and remotely at times
- The ability to work effectively with the wider Don’t Panic team
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that resulting in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communications with all parties
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of SEO
- React experience
- Laravel experience
- Understanding of
- Experience of/interest in the events industry
- Experience of working in an agency environment
- Experience in CRM systems, HubSpot would be ideal
- Experience with Google Analytics / Tag Manager
Please note our offices are based in Rawtenstall, Bury, which is not easily accessed by public transport so unless you live locally you may need access to a car.
- Flexible working.
- Pension scheme.
- Birthday off.
- Regular social events.
- Opportunity to travel within the UK when attending events.
- Regular company briefings over pizza and drinks.
- 22 days holiday, plus Christmas and bank holidays off.
- Casual dress.
- Mental Health Awareness Day.
Hours of Work
Standard office hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm with a 30-minute lunch break, Monday to Friday. Office hours may vary in accordance with job requirements and with the approval of the Company Directors.