Don’t Panic is looking for an experienced, effective and enthusiastic sales and marketing manager to help drive growth and increase profitability across the Don’t Panic event portfolio of owned events, client events and crucially to generate leads which will convert into new business wins or deliver sponsorship sales.
Salary: £35,000 per ann + commission structure with salary review upon passing probation
- Develop and implement the Don’t Panic sales and marketing strategy in line with the business’s growth targets.
- Lead and manage a sales and marketing team comprising of a Paid Media Manager, Content Manager, Data Analyst and two Sales Executives to maximise lead generation on owned events.
- Delivery of and strategy for multi-channel marketing campaigns including digital marketing (email, paid media, SEO, social media, content and PR), webinars, events, direct mail and activities across key business segments and markets
- Oversee the creation of content for website, blog, white papers and marketing materials
- Management of annual marketing budget
- Manage a CRM system (HubSpot desirable) to maximise effectiveness of data, implement new processes and features
- Grow the Don’t Panic database
- Work closely with Creative Director to maximise effectiveness of campaign artwork
- Work closely with the Event team to maximise downloads, entries and ticket sales on events
- Being an active and productive member of the Senior Leadership Team including producing monthly reports for board meetings
- Responsible for weekly and monthly marketing reporting and ROI reviews
- Regular competitor and SWOT analysis.
- Responsible for brand implementation and development across all key areas within the business
- Deliver high quality levels of customer service in keeping with the Don’t Panic brand, values and ethos
- Attend our events and other key digital marketing events to network, aid growth and maximise sales as well as promoting our owned awards when appropriate
- Build relationships with key influencers, industry experts and judges
- Provide industry expertise to help refine and develop our awards, influencing categories, sponsor packages and create and exploit new sponsor opportunities
- Assist with securing media partners, possible conference partners etc.
- Accountable for the over-arching performance of entries, tickets and sponsorship sales in the team
- Providing visibility and pipeline on team performance and progress against targets across the sales and marketing team
- A positive attitude and high levels of personal motivation
- University degree or relevant marketing qualification
- Minimum of five years working within a B2B sales and marketing role
- Broad understanding of digital marketing
- High standard of written language and mathematical proficiency
- Good knowledge of CRM and email marketing
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Driving license and own car
- An understanding of the digital industry
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position, resulting in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communications with all parties
- Ability to multitask across numerous complex projects with varied deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to take direction
- Proven ability to prepare accurate budgets and manage expenditure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid business acumen, management, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Event expertise
Pension scheme, time off in lieu given on an agreed basis / when relevant and birthday off. Potential to travel within the UK or overseas when attending events. Regular social events.