Don’t Panic is looking for an experienced, effective and enthusiastic marketing director to help drive growth across the Don’t Panic event portfolio of owned events, client events and crucially to generate leads which will convert into new business wins or deliver sponsorship sales.
- Develop and implement the Don’t Panic marketing strategy in line with the business’s growth targets.
- Lead and manage a marketing team comprising a Digital Marketing Manager, a Marketing Exec and a Content Executive
- Delivery of and strategy for multi-channel marketing campaigns (digital marketing, email, events, direct mail and social media) and activities across key business segments and markets
- Creation of content for website, blog, white papers and marketing materials
- Management of annual marketing budget
- Implement and manage a CRM system to maximise effectiveness of data
- Grow the Don’t Panic database
- Work closely with the Sales Director to maximise lead generation on owned events, client events and sponsorship
- Work closely with Creative Director to maximise effectiveness of campaign artwork
- Work closely with the MD on new business and generate an agreed number of leads monthly
- Work closely with the Events & Sales Teams to maximise entries and ticket sales on events
- Being an active and productive member of the Senior Leadership Team including producing monthly reports for board meetings
- Responsible for weekly and monthly marketing reporting and ROI reviews
- Regular competitor and SWOT analysis.
- Internal communications management and stakeholder marketing
- Responsible for brand implementation and development across all key areas within the business
- Deliver high quality levels of customer service in keeping with the Don’t Panic brand, values and ethos
- A positive attitude and high levels of personal motivation
- University degree or relevant marketing qualification
- Minimum of five years working within a B2B marketing role
- Broad understanding of digital marketing
- High standard of written language and mathematical proficiency
- Good knowledge of CRM and email marketing
- Good organisational and time management skill
- Driving license and own car
- An understanding of the digital industry
- Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position, resulting in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communications with all parties
- Ability to multi task across numerous complex projects with varied deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
- Proven ability to take direction
- Proven ability to prepare accurate budgets and manage expenditure
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid business acumen, management, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective time management skills
- Willing to travel with flexibility around working hours
HOURS OF WORK
Standard office hours are 8.30am – 4.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break, Monday to Friday. Office hours may vary in accordance with job requirements and with the approval of the Company Directors.
22 days per year + 3 days at Christmas + birthday off.
Pension scheme, breakfast on Mondays. Time off in lieu given on an agreed basis / when relevant. Potential to travel within the UK or overseas when attending events. Regular social events.
Circa £45k basic dependent on experience