Rawtenstall – Hybrid working
Permanent role Monday – Friday
£18,000 – £20,000 per year dependent on experience
Don’t Panic is one of the world’s leading B2B and Industry Awards organisers who proudly own and deliver 35 awards annually around the globe. As an agency we celebrate and reward success not just in house but across the length and breadth of the digital and tech industry.
Possibly a cliché but at Don’t Panic we work hard and play hard with a focus on cultivating an agency culture which rewards ambition and innovative thinking. We are proud to have signed the Breathe HR Culture Pledge as a commitment to all our employees that we will continue to put our people first and build on creating a positive company culture.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Event Assistant to join our growing team, delivering events virtually, locally, nationally, and globally.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING?
· Delivery of high-quality levels of customer service in keeping with the Don’t Panic brand and ethos
· Negotiate agreements with suppliers, venues and subcontractors to secure hires, products and services at the lowest cost while maintaining the highest quality
· Assist the Don’t Panic team to create and deliver appropriate event solutions
· Manage communication between clients, the agency and suppliers to ensure effective event delivery
· Source and secure venues and catering at the best possible rates and at appropriate minimum numbers on favourable terms including production of venue search reports
· Source, manage and delivery of event infrastructure including AV, branding and entertainment ensuring the highest quality is delivered at the best possible prices
· Support the events team to create compelling, engaging content, sourcing speakers and entertainment as required
· Manage event bookings and award entries in accordance with procedures and in an accurate manner including chasing outstanding payments ahead of shortlist announcements or event dates
· Managing ongoing speaker liaison including creation of briefing notes, and booking of travel and accommodation at the best possible rates
· Assist with financial administration such as payments, invoicing/collection of income/chasing payments to secure best possible prices and reduce non-payments and help aid cash flow
· Work with the marketing team to deliver marketing materials including websites and event collateral
· The preparation of risk assessment method statements, event plans, emergency procedures as required – to be signed off by the event manager
· Contribute to producing effective project plans, identify tasks, manage execution and delivery and ensure milestones are achieved
· Manage the creation and distribution of event briefing documents
· Manage event bookings, ticket sales and registration to ensure a seamless delegate booking experience, accurate records and provide high levels of delegate liaison
· Assist with the production of presentations and scripts to ensure professional event delivery
· Accurately complete time sheets on a weekly basis
· Deliver effective post event evaluation with all client and Don’t Panic events to ensure effective continuous improvement
· Any other duties in keeping with the position
WHAT DO WE NEED?
· University degree, preferably in Events Management
· The ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that result in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communications with all parties
· The ability to multi-task across numerous complex projects with varied deadlines
· The ability to problem solve and work independently
· Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills
· Proven ability to take direction an input and develop and deliver exceptional events that achieve both Don’t Panic and client objectives
· Ability to prepare accurate budgets and manage expenditure
· The ability to work effectively with the wider Don’t Panic team
· High level of written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office, Keynote and PowerPoint
· Effective time management skills
· Driving licence and access to a car
· Willingness to travel and flexibility around working hours
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
This is a huge opportunity for someone looking to join a growing team, within an innovative B2B event agency, who own and deliver over 25 industry respected awards.
Don’t Panic take huge pride in our culture, as we recognize that our team make the business, and without their dedication and talent, our drive for innovation would not be possible. We nurture our team to bond and strive for excellence as one unit, which you will be a huge part of.
· Flexible working.
· Pension scheme.
· Birthday off.
· Regular social events.
· Opportunity to travel within the UK or overseas when attending events.
· Regular company briefings over pizza and drinks.
· 22 days holiday, plus Christmas and bank holidays off.
· Casual dress.
· Mental Health Awareness Day.
· Time off in lieu given on an agreed basis/when relevant