Rawtenstall – Flexible Working
Permanent role Monday – Friday
£20,000 – £24,000 per year dependent on experience, + commission
Don’t Panic is one of the world’s leading B2B and Industry Awards organisers who proudly own and deliver 35 awards annually around the globe. As an agency we celebrate and reward success not just in house but across the length and breadth of the digital and tech industry.
Possibly a cliché but at Don’t Panic we work hard and play hard with a focus on cultivating an agency culture which rewards ambition and innovative thinking. We are proud to have signed the Breathe HR Culture Pledge as a commitment to all our employees that we will continue to put our people first and build on creating a positive company culture.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Executive to join our sales department, to help drive sales growth across our fantastic programme of Don’t Panic owned events – locally, nationally and globally.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING?
As our Account Executive, you should have excellent communication skills, and the ability to manage key accounts and build relationships with clients and customers.
With a focus on inbound and outbound B2B telephone calls to increase awards entries, sell event tickets and drive sponsorship, this is a varied role for someone that’s able to work on several projects at any one time.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Someone with a natural aptitude for sales
- Someone with the ability to manage key accounts and build relationships with clients, customers and the team
- Someone who can manage key accounts and retain valued customers throughout the calendar year
- Someone who knows that relationships don’t just work via email – the phone will be your friend and you’ll love talking
- Someone who has the ability to cross sell our events portfolio to clientele
- Someone who’s organised – with excellent organisational skills and record keeping
- Someone who’s meticulous with figures and target driven – you’ll know your pipeline and you’ll be on the ball with payments and invoicing
- Someone who understands that the 9 to 5 doesn’t really apply – you’ll always want to build your knowledge and wont view work as clock-in, clock-out
- Someone who’s ambitious and willing to be creative with the role – there’s a huge opportunity for growth within the company for the right person
- Someone who’s determined, optimistic and able to work in a fast-paced and lively office
- Someone who’s happy to jump in the car or board a train to get the deal done
- Someone who views work as a career, not a job – you’ll have ambition
- Someone who can get to & from our office in Rawtenstall, as this will be a hybrid role
WHAT DO WE NEED?
· A positive attitude and high levels of personal motivation
· The ability to generate new and interesting ideas
· Measuring the results of activity and providing feedback
· Effective time management skills
· Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Ability to multitask across numerous complex projects
· The ability to work effectively with the wider Don’t Panic team
· Ability to develop professional relationships in all aspects of the position that resulting in stable, consistent, reliable and courteous communications with all parties
- Event expertise
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of the digital sector
- Experience in CRM systems, HubSpot would be desirable
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We’ll put you through Pareto sales training, depending on your experience
We’ll pay you a competitive salary and you’ll have a transparent and open-ended commission structure that rewards you when business targets are met.
But most importantly, you’ll be joining us at a point where we’re starting a huge growth programme.
- Pension scheme
- Paid gym membership
- Birthday off
- Working from home Fridays
- Regular social events
- Opportunity to travel within the UK or overseas when attending events
- Regular company briefings over pizza and drinks
- Free parking
- Christmas and bank holidays off
- Casual dress