Ahead Together 2019Date: 12/09/2019
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Rhodes House, S Parks Rd, Oxford OX1 3RG
Supporting family and professional relationships after acquired brain injury
Thursday 12th September – Rhodes House, Oxford
If you are passionate about working with – or want to learn more about the experiences of the families of brain injury survivors – then this is the conference for you. Royds Withy King are proud to announce their inaugural national Brain Injury Conference – this year focusing on supporting the family and professional relationship in the context of acquired brain injury.
Set in the iconic Rhodes House in historic Oxford, this conference for professionals will bring together family members of brain injury survivors and internationally recognised experts in the field to share their stories, learning and wisdom in understanding family needs after brain injury. Through linking the latest clinical and research evidence base and the personal accounts of family members, this conference promises to be an illuminating and informative day, offering a unique perspective on the needs of families and how professionals and families can work more effectively together towards improved outcomes.
We are pleased to announce that our key note presentation will be given by Professor Jeffery Kreutzer (PhD, ABPP, FACRM Rosa Schwarz Cifu Professor and Associate Chairman Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Virginia Commonwealth University; Director, Virginia Commonwealth TBI Model System) who has pioneered innovative family interventions in the context of acquired brain injury.
We are still finalising the programme but confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Audrey Daisley – Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist UK
- Dr Giles Yeates – Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist and Couples Therapist, UK
- Dr Mark Holloway – Brain injury social worker UK
- Maggie Sargent – Brain Injury Case Manager and Co-ordinator of Silverlining
- Tracy Norris-Evans – Partner at Royds Withy King and Head of Personal Injury UK
- Nicola Hughes – Chair of Headway Darlington and wife of brain injury survivor
- Nicky Wake – CEO of Don’t Panic Projects and wife of brain injury survivor
- Rob Kuschel – Brain Injury Case Manager and brother of brain injury survivor
- Cerys Hughes – Child of a brain injury survivor
Networking drinks will be held at the end of the day kindly sponsored by CCMS.
Save the date – 12th September 2019 – and come and join us moving AHEAD TOGETHER towards more positive and meaningful family support solutions.
- £195+VAT for early bird tickets until 26 July
Subsidised places are available for individuals whose primary role is working within NHS, Statutory Services, Charities or Students. Please contact Sian.Clifford@dontpanicprojects.com for more information.
Profits to be donated to the Silverlining Charity.
Early bird ticket deadline closes – Friday 26 July
Keep an eye on our website roydswithyking.com/ahead-together and social channels for further details.
Thank you to our sponsors: